How to Detox Your Body
By Alex Fir
When your energy levels are very low, your body aches and your mind is drained, it is time to detox your body. Detoxification mostly involves blood cleansing by way of eliminating impurities from the blood in the liver, through kidneys, lungs, intestines, lymph and skin.
How to detox your body:
First, you must decrease toxins in your body. You need to reduce cigarettes, alcohol, coffee, eating foods with refined sugars and saturated fats. Next, you should reduce the use of personal health care products such as toothpaste, shampoos, deodorants and cleansers as well as chemically-based household cleaners.
There are lots of ways to detox your body and you should select those that suit your lifestyle and preference.
- Juice fasting involves drinking only fresh fruits and vegetables such as carrot, spinach, celery, cabbage, apple, pineapple and cranberry (no citrus fruits). Duration of juice fasting is typically one to three days.
- Water fasting means that only water is consumed. This way your digestive tract and organs rest completely and toxin build-ups are eliminated.
- Change your diet. Include in your daily diet whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables instead of packaged and fast foods that are rich in fats and sugar.
- Use sauna as a regular part of detox. It is a fantastic way of removing chemical buildups in fat cells.
- Skin brushing removes old skin cells, stimulates the lymph system and draws out toxins through the skin. You should use a dry skin brush made of soft vegetable bristles. Before you take a shower, lightly brush your feet in circular motion towards the chest area for 2 minutes.
These are just a few cleansing methods that will improve your health. It is vital to know the different ways on how to detox your body before you start with the different programs.